10 Things About Me…
- Love God, love my husband, love animals, love good coffee
- I’m passionate about beautiful South Africa, the land of my birth, and lovely Britain – my adopted nation
- My instant mood-lifter is the feel of warm sunshine on my face
- As a child I wanted to grow up to be a racing driver
- I find myself correcting the spelling and grammar on restaurant menus, shop signs, notices… wherever I happen to be!
- My favourite food is South African milktart (the rich, creamy filling contrasted with the cool, dry spiciness of the cinnamon…. mmm!)
- When I’m cooking dinner I sing and dance around the kitchen to the music playing on UCB
- My total indulgence: hour-long facials
- I have read all the James Herriot vet stories many times each
- One of the times I feel closest to God is during worship.
Writer & Editor
I am a writer and editor by profession, not currently formally employed.
After completing a BA degree in English and Journalism, and an Honours degree in English, at Rhodes University (in South Africa’s Eastern Cape), my first position was as a resources officer for a small NGO involved in education.
I moved on to a service organisation where over the next 14 years I honed my editing and writing skills while working in the publishing, marketing and corporate affairs departments.
In various positions I was responsible for editorial emanating from the publishing department, as well as being company editor of the organisation’s membership magazine. As communications manager I oversaw the quality of the organisation’s printed material.
I currently participate in volunteer work, including assisting with communications for my local church, and I am a member of the Association of Christian Writers. I am fascinated by social media and the ways in which it connects people.
Samples of my writing/editing
Press release for Children Changing Nations – Childrenswork magazine (Oct/Nov 2012)
To the manor born – AA Traveller magazine (Spring 2008)